These are very easy to make and a great use of overripe bananas (which I keep in the freezer for such occasions). Just throw all ingredients together, lightly mix with a spatula, oven at approx 180-200°C for about 20-30 mins. This recipe makes 18. Don't eat too fast because they are quite filling and of course contain carbs (although healthy ones and many other good sources of nutrition). They are also really good after sitting a while.
I modified the original recipe a bit. First, I never use coconut oil as in the original recipe, as it is high in saturated fat. Really don't understand why a lot of 'healthy' recipes choose it. Instead, use flaxseed oil, which is high in omega 3. I also add frozen fruit such as bosvruchten or blueberries but walnuts (high in protein) are also good.
I didn't have baking soda so just used 1 bag of baking powder (7g), which was fine. I also halved the sugar and added a pinch of salt. In all, these are very quick to make if you feel like something different for eg a tasty and not super unhealthy Sunday breakfast, just add some fresh oranges at the side and voilà!
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons mashed banana (approx. 2–3 bananas)
- ¼ cup flaxseed oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- dry ingredients
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour or wholegrain flour
- 1 ¼ cups oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (or more of course)
- pinch of salt
No comments:
Post a Comment